Wednesday 8 August 2012

I'm not messy; I'm organisationally challenged



I'm sure Garfield said this for me!!!
I am once again trying to reduce my craft supplies. Even if I don’t reduce in stock, reduce in the space taken up. I find it really hard. I want to just to throw it all out…I know that’s irrational but it seems so much easier than than sorting and finding homes for those things that have no group or home and end up in the ‘odds & ends’ box.

How do you sort your creative side?

There are so many ideas and pictures out there for organising work spaces. Some look brilliant but I know they are only set up for the photos as you seriously couldn't work there. 
I have to start putting things away in the correct spot the first time. No more 'I'll put it there and put it away later...' as the later never comes until an evening like now and I am left frustrated. One of my down falls is a craft table or dumping ground so that is gone and I am left with these shelves for storage and working from the table (which then gets cleared for dinner).



found on pintrest.com
too much room for me to get it messy
found on pintrest.com
simple, neat, clear, i like it


Tonight's effort...finish off tomorrow 

I need to be organised. I have a husband, 4 kids, 5 acres and countless animals to keep up with. I am trying (really I am mum ;D) I have a few bad habits like 'I'll do it later' and going to bed late. I did a search on the net and found this great blog. For the full the article please go to blog page. I have just highlighted the main points here but I encourage you to read further at The Stressed Mom. Bernice has 10 daily habits which I think I'll be printing out and sticking to the fridge :) I especially like 8 & 10.

10 daily habits for mums
1. Wake up early.
2. Waking up early starts with going to bed earlier.
3. Evening preparations. 
4. Institute meal-planning.
5. Do one complete load of laundry a day. 
6. Do your best to get your dishes done in the evening before going to bed.
7. Take 5 minutes and buzz through the bathrooms with a damp cloth.
8. A place for everything and everything in its place.
9. Have a bedtime routine.
10. Do not say YES immediately to new requests. 

Well, it's 10.55pm and no2 says early to bed... sleep well all. I trust I have inspired you in some way tonight. Chat soon xox


3 comments:

  1. I have been organising my craft room this week since moving.. My first ever craft room. I have 3 lots of open shelves (salvaged and painted white). Inside each shelf all my bits are in glass jars that I have collected. Scrapbook paper in one box, fabrics in clear tubs in the cupboard... books and supplies lay on the shelves in stacks. I am finiding thus far it looks easy to see all the bits and pieces as they are visible, nothing is behind another thing. I have not yet cleared by table, it has been the dumping ground while I unpacked all the boxes... so I guess I am down to the trickiest bits! Will post some pics soon! xx Love the 10 habits xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 1. I was never good in the morning. Nice in recent years now the house in empty to get up slowly.
    6. I could never leave dirty dishes: pre-dishwasher days.
    8. Was bred into me, but I can keep my hands off others people's stuff.
    Good luck! Enjoying your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you sort your creative side?
    CREATIVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete